3.27.2008

Our long night in the ER


Mike's pain from his Crohn's has gotten increasingly worse. I have been worried about him along with anyone that has seen how frail he has been looking. So we finally went to the ER. I am so glad that we did. We went to the new Intermountain Health Care Center in Murray, Utah (It used to be Cottonwood Hospital, until they rebuilt it and changed everything). It was such a nice hospital. They gave Mike some medication to help him through this never ending flare-up. The doctor's and nurses were great. They were so much help and so kind. It was a better experiance than the last time I took him to the ER about two years ago. The first time I took him to the ER it seemed like they didn't care very much about helping him. It was a "get him, get him out" mentality. However, this time it was great. They really took their time with Mike. They did a lot more tests and made sure that he was hydrated and had the things he needed to feel better. They were excellent. The only bummer is that we were there all night and I only was able to squeeze in a few hours of sleep before I had to go to work. Even though I didn't get all the sleep I would have liked, I was glad that I was able to be there for Mike and be able to spend time with him. He is doing a lot better and I have faith that his health will finally improve. Thank you to everyone that has kept him in their thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate it!!!

No comments:

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block