2.09.2010

Life



This video was on a sweet friend of mine's blog and when I watched it I was humbled and reminded of how grateful I am to have James and be a mother. It took us a little over 2 years to get pregnant with James. It was the biggest struggle for me because all I have ever wanted to be was a mother. I always made promises to God that if He would bless me with a child I would love him/her unconditionally, I would never complain about the stress or struggles of being a stay at home mom and I would ALWAYS be grateful everyday for the blessing of being a mother. Well, that was a pretty intense promise and I don't know that anyone can truly live up to a promise (besides the unconditional love. That part comes natural) like that. I have been know to complain about feeling stuck in the house all the time, wanting time to myself or even begging and pleading with James in the first few weeks for just one more hour of sleep. I can't say that I will never want those things again but after watching this video I remembered how blessed I am to have a happy healthy boy. It breaks my heart that there are teenage girls out the world that get pregnant and end the pregnancy. I am finding more and more women that would give anything to have a baby and can't; while young, selfish girls destroy the life of sweet and innocent babies. After being pregnant I will argue with anyone that says that it is okay to abort before a certain time because the baby is just a cell or whatever stupid reason they give. I knew I was pregnant before I even took a pregnancy test. I knew that there was a life growing inside me. I felt a huge need to protect my baby from the first day I knew I was pregnant. I have always been the type of person to stay away from controversial and political issues but I have decided to be an activist on this issue. It is not right for a selfish young teenager that doesn't have a clue about their own life deciding the fate of someones life. We won't even let them vote on important and non important political issues but yet we let them determine what to do about another persons life. I have heard people say that a woman has the right because it is her body but she gave up that right when she chose to have sex. Where is the baby's rights. When I was struggling to get pregnant I remember thinking that there are so many good women that would make terrific mothers that can't get pregnant and adoption and invitro are so expensive and hard to do. And there are all these other women that are getting pregnant that don't want to be mothers and I couldn't understand why. Well, I still don't understand it but I do want to stand up and make my voice heard about being Pro-Life and also thinking of what is best for the baby over what you want. Well, that is my soapbox for the day. Please watch the video and pass it on to others.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. thank you for sharing! I didn't know it took you that long to get pregnant. It can be frustrating at times, but I think everything happens when it NEEDS to...I have come to accept and appreciate that. Thanks for this video...made me cry. I would die for that.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

I am very passionate about this issue as well. I think that is awesome that you are speaking out about it.

Now that you are in Murrieta we should get together with our boys!

Unknown said...

for a baby that is. haha thought id clarify that one

shanda said...

I can't thank you enough for your words. So many of the things that you said and felt are exactly where I am at. I still can't believe that this is really happening to Ryan and I. I am glad that I have such love and support through this time. I am glad for your family. We still need to hang. Sorry I have fallen off the face of the earth

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block