
I can't believe my baby is 4 months old already. It is so amazing to watch him grow and discover new things every day. He is such a smart and sweet little boy. So here is what he's up to these days:
* He was sleeping 10 hours a night a week ago but is now going through a growth spurt and doesn't last that long. So we will be trying out rice cereal really soon!
*Says mama and dada. I know he doesn't know what he is saying but it sure makes us feel good! However, we do find it interesting that he when he is hungry and crying he says "mama" over and over;)
*He has become quite the mama and daddy's boy. We have left him twice at night with my mom and he cried the entire time. (And he doesn't normally cry very much). When we got home the first time he let me know that he was mad at me but quickly forgave me and I had to be in his sight for the entire next day. When we came home the second time he stopped crying immediately after I picked him up. And then was smiling at me like he had won the game. What a silly little boy. Since then I have made a more concious effort to leave him with other people here and there during the day so he gets used to it:)
*Reached for daddy.
*Sits up if he is propped up by pillows.
*Loves having anyone read him a book. His favorite is "Put Me In The Zoo"
*Laughs a lot! Especially when daddy plays with him.
*Wakes up happy and entertains himself in his crib for about 10 minutes each morning. I think this accomplishment is my favorite. I love listening to him giggle and talk to himself. it starts our morning off right.
*He is a huge talker! He loves to hear his voice and so does mommy.
*He enjoys tummy time. Which has stopped his motivation for rolling over. But I figure he will roll over when he is ready too.
* He loves playing with toys. He can grab them from my hand and play with them for a little bit. He loves his glow worm and it can calm him down 90 percent of the time he is upset.
*He still loves to suck his thumb and his binky. Preferably at the same time if he can manage it.
*No teeth yet but has defiantly been teething and he is not a fan.
*He is finally taking good naps and falls asleep without being rocked to sleep.
*He loves to watch and observe people.
*Says mama and dada. I know he doesn't know what he is saying but it sure makes us feel good! However, we do find it interesting that he when he is hungry and crying he says "mama" over and over;)
*He has become quite the mama and daddy's boy. We have left him twice at night with my mom and he cried the entire time. (And he doesn't normally cry very much). When we got home the first time he let me know that he was mad at me but quickly forgave me and I had to be in his sight for the entire next day. When we came home the second time he stopped crying immediately after I picked him up. And then was smiling at me like he had won the game. What a silly little boy. Since then I have made a more concious effort to leave him with other people here and there during the day so he gets used to it:)
*Reached for daddy.
*Sits up if he is propped up by pillows.
*Loves having anyone read him a book. His favorite is "Put Me In The Zoo"
*Laughs a lot! Especially when daddy plays with him.
*Wakes up happy and entertains himself in his crib for about 10 minutes each morning. I think this accomplishment is my favorite. I love listening to him giggle and talk to himself. it starts our morning off right.
*He is a huge talker! He loves to hear his voice and so does mommy.
*He enjoys tummy time. Which has stopped his motivation for rolling over. But I figure he will roll over when he is ready too.
* He loves playing with toys. He can grab them from my hand and play with them for a little bit. He loves his glow worm and it can calm him down 90 percent of the time he is upset.
*He still loves to suck his thumb and his binky. Preferably at the same time if he can manage it.
*No teeth yet but has defiantly been teething and he is not a fan.
*He is finally taking good naps and falls asleep without being rocked to sleep.
*He loves to watch and observe people.
Well, I could go on and on forever about all the things he is doing now. It seems like everyday he learns and does something new. He surprises us everyday and we are so happy that he is part of our family. I love him so much and can't get enough of him. He is such a handsome little boy...probably because he looks so much like his handsome daddy!
4 comments:
Ah....I am missing so much being so far away...NOT FAIR! I can't believe he is saying "mama" and "dada". I'm sure he wouldn't cry if he was with Auntie Ashley! :) Love you guys. XOXOXOX!
sooooo adorable!! i can't believe he is already 4 months old!! when are you going to bring him for a stroll around harveston to visit? did you get my message? hope you guys are well!! let's get together soon! xoxo
oh he is such a little sweetheart! That is such a fun time to watch them grow so much each day!
Stephanie - James is so adorable. Future stud for sure! Isn't it so fun to watch them grow and learn all these new things? Every day its something new and I love it.
Post a Comment