9.10.2009

The little things that make me Happy!


Today I am at 33 weeks in my pregnancy and I was thinking about the little things that have made me happy throughout this pregnancy. Besides the fact that at the end of this I will have one of the greatest gifts ever...my sweet little boy. Here are some things that come to mind:
(in no particular order)

* All the many foot massages I have received from my sweet husband. (Especially when my feet swell up)

* My body pillow. Which Mike named my "pillow husband" and the name has stuck. He said that the first night I had my body pillow that I was all cuddled up to it and I looked so comfortable and peaceful. However, he was left out of the cuddling.

* Shower Mat. After nearly slipping and falling multiple times (due to being a little more off balance these days) trying to get in and out of the shower we decided it was a good idea. And it was!

* Books: "My Pregnancy Week by Week", "Childbirth without Fear", "What to Expect When Expecting", My cousin & sister in laws nursing books about labor & delivery and a few more. I have decided that I am addicted to learning about pregnancy, labor & delivery. I have also found that throughout all my reading I have become less nervous about the whole process and more excited!

* Lamaze Class. We have only been to 1 of the 4 classes so far but I love it! I am learning a ton. It is a lot more than just breathing techniques and really fun. It is also fun to meet other couples that are due at the same time and are having their first baby too. I highly suggest Lamaze to everyone. I thought the class would be all about being all natural and super anti-epidural but it isn't. They teach you everything they can about doing it natural but remind you that everyone is different and every labor & delivery is different and that you are not less of a woman or mother if you need medication of any type.

* Fruit! I have never loved fruit so much! It is what I crave all the time and it just makes me so happy. I do crave Aussie Cheese Fries from Outback Steakhouse and donuts too but my desire for fruit is so much more that when I do crave those I can cut up a peach or apple and still have my craving satisfied.

* Feeling my baby boy move. I thought I would get used to it by now and that the excitement would ware off but it hasn't. He moves a ton and I just love it! Sometimes he will hit a nerve or kick my ribs that will cause quite a bit of discomfort but I still love it!

* Doctor Appointments. I love that they are every two weeks now and I can't wait for them to be every week. I look forward to every single one!

*Prenatal Vitamins/Pregnancy Hormones. My hair, nails and skin have never been better!

*Sleep. When I don't have insomnia, the sleep I get feels better than it ever has! I have never experienced such a deep sleep.

* Feeling closer to Mike than ever. I love the way he looks at me, the way he thinks my growing belly is so cute and our many conversations about the future.

* The get out of jail free card...No one asks you to do anything like carry heavy things, help with yard work etc. You can pretty much get out of anything when you are pregnant. I know I sound lazy but I am not. I do more than I should most days. But if I don't want to do anything one day, no one says a word. Okay, so maybe I am a little lazy but in about 7 weeks I will be the busiest one in the house. So I am going to enjoy my time now.

* Air Conditioning or fans. I would not survive this pregnancy with out them. I am soooooo grateful for the technology we have. I don't know how women who don't have the luxuries we have get through pregnancy. Let alone labor & delivery.

Well, I know there are a ton of things that I am forgetting but I am loving this pregnancy, thanks to all the great things I have been blessed with. I am so excited and can't wait to hold my little boy in my arms and just love him forever!

4 comments:

Mellanie said...

you look so beautiful Steph!!! I CAN NOT wait to see you!I luv u

Darcy said...

you look fabulous!!!I just have to say that I too craved Aussie fries with Brody and with Caleigh all I ever wanted to eat was fruit and pizza. You are going to be such an amazing mom! Can't wait to see your little man on the screen!

Kirsten said...

Love that picture - you look fabulous! I'm so excited for you and for your little boy to get here!

Anonymous said...

Steph I LOVED your list and I agree on every single one except I would add Tums, I had the WORST heartburn :) Goodluck with labor and delivery it is the most amazing experience and the end result is beyond words!! Congrats to you and your hubby!!

xoxo
Briana Fickling

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block