The past two weeks have been exhausting for me. I have had my normal 8 hours a day work and then on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday I have had an extra 4 hours (each day) of training for my new job that I will be doing in the summer. The training has gone well and I feel like I am catching on pretty well but it is a lot of information! My brain is on information overload! Anyways, the past few nights I have been coughing a lot. At about four this morning I was coughing really hard so Mike got up and got me some cough syrup. I was so out of it that when I went to get up to take it I knocked the cough syrup out of Mike's hands and it went EVERYWHERE! I was so tired and could hardly function. I started to get emotional (that is what I do when I am over tired and not feeling well) and I pretty much useless at helping clean up. While Mike was cleaning everything up I poured some more cough syrup and took it. A few minutes later I felt so sick and nauseous. I was so frustrated but Mike was so patient with me. He cleaned up all the syrup without any complaining. He called and left a message for my work letting them know that I would be coming in a little late because I desperately needed some sleep, he reset the alarm so I could sleep in a little longer, and then he put a clean sheet on the bed and cuddled with me until we both fell asleep. I can't even express how grateful I am to be married to a man that is so kind and loving. He didn't get frustrated with me or even get mad at me for spilling the cough syrup everywhere. I am lucky to have such a patient and sweet man by my side. I am also glad that I got to sleep in this morning!
4.10.2008
Our Crazy Night with the Cough Syrup
The past two weeks have been exhausting for me. I have had my normal 8 hours a day work and then on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday I have had an extra 4 hours (each day) of training for my new job that I will be doing in the summer. The training has gone well and I feel like I am catching on pretty well but it is a lot of information! My brain is on information overload! Anyways, the past few nights I have been coughing a lot. At about four this morning I was coughing really hard so Mike got up and got me some cough syrup. I was so out of it that when I went to get up to take it I knocked the cough syrup out of Mike's hands and it went EVERYWHERE! I was so tired and could hardly function. I started to get emotional (that is what I do when I am over tired and not feeling well) and I pretty much useless at helping clean up. While Mike was cleaning everything up I poured some more cough syrup and took it. A few minutes later I felt so sick and nauseous. I was so frustrated but Mike was so patient with me. He cleaned up all the syrup without any complaining. He called and left a message for my work letting them know that I would be coming in a little late because I desperately needed some sleep, he reset the alarm so I could sleep in a little longer, and then he put a clean sheet on the bed and cuddled with me until we both fell asleep. I can't even express how grateful I am to be married to a man that is so kind and loving. He didn't get frustrated with me or even get mad at me for spilling the cough syrup everywhere. I am lucky to have such a patient and sweet man by my side. I am also glad that I got to sleep in this morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi stephanie. i don't know if you remember me, but my name is jamie slade (maiden name was larson). i grew up in murrieta...i am cousins with andrew larson. i moved to texas in 8th grade. i found your blog through ashley's. looks like you are doing great! my blog is private, so if you would like to take a look e-mail me at jamiedslade@gmail.com and i'll send you an invite! hope all is well! :)
Post a Comment