4.15.2008

My Last Day at Choicepoint

My Cubicle before I packed up.

My last day was bitter-sweet. I am glad to have a little time off before I move down to California for my summer job. However, I have really enjoyed working at Choicepoint. I have made some good friends that were hard to leave behind. I have learned a lot working there. I have learned how to use different computer programs and also about Star Trek! (that's for you Christine) I found it a lot harder to leave than I had planned on. I loved my little cubicle as well. I have posted my before and after shot of my cube. I have also realized that I don't know what to do with all my extra time. On Monday I had all my laundry done by noon and didn't have a clue what to do after that. So I read some of my book for a little while. Then, luckily, Ashley needed some help with Brooklynn while she took her dad to the airport. While Brooklynn was sleeping I decided to try a new recipe for dinner. We had homemade Chicken Alfredo. It was a success. Today, I have not done one productive thing. I feel like such a slacker! I am however going to go to the grocery store and make dinner as soon as I am done with this blog. Tonight we are having homemade French Bread Pizza. It will be yummy as always! Well, I better get to the store but if anyone has any good ideas on what to do with free time (that is productive) let me know!
My Cubicle after I packed up.

5 comments:

Sienna said...

Hey i've finally made a blog! It's toddandsienna.blogspot I miss you guys so much! i'm so sad you're leaving. i want to get together before you go. Let me know when works for you guys.

Rowley's said...

So I thought about what you can do with your free time, hang out with me at least one more time before you leave! Let me know if you have time and want to do lunch or something. Love ya 404-7773

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie! Something that I do during the day some times is family indexing, it's were you copy information from historical documents so that people can find their ancestors to do Temple work. You go to http://www.familysearchindexing.org and click on volunteer. Hope everything is going good for you! I have a blog....www.billmanfamily.blogspot.com

Laynie

Sarah Michelle said...

Oooh! Free time:)
I'm a pro at productive free time.

You know, there's a list out there of the best books list. It includes classics like Diary of Anne Frank, A Tale of Two Cities, ...the Bible...
haha
But I think that's very productive. It's not just recreational reading, but when you ask questions and discover themes you apply the principles to your life, and Viola! Production!

Also, you could fill your day with studying the scriptures in the morning, or reading recomended books from the Gen. Authorities. then chores by noon, then you can do what you want! Figure out what the community offers as far as service opportunities, and get involved! And the Public Library always needs volunteer readers to the kids:)
The paper has some great community ideas.

This is a great way to find out what your hobbies are outside of the home, and it will make you more interesting as a person, because it adds so much to your personality:) Oh, and you could head to the church a few times a week and practice piano pieces! haha Fun Times ahead. You'll get the hang of it all! The only restriction I would say, is don't watch TV if you're looking to do somtehing productive. (Unless it's food network. Great recipes are found on there!)

Love you, Steph!

Darcy said...

You can come to my house and help me clean and get organized!! I would even pay for your ticket out to Wisconsin!! Boy am I dreaming! LOL!!! What I would do with a bunch of free time...I would sew sew and sew some more!

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block