4.22.2010

Back to Utah


Well, I am going to be honest and say that things did not go as we planned here in California. I have no regrets about coming though. It has been so much fun to spend time with family and friends here. I have really loved watching my family play with and get to know James. But where one fun journey ends another fun one begins. So we are moving back to Utah. I am sad to leave my family here but excited to go back to Utah. As Mike and I have been doing some planning I had this weird feeling like I was going back home. I thought that was weird because we have been staying at my mom's house in the city I grew up in. What I realized was that my adult life has been in Utah. It is where my own little family began. Mike and I dated up there, spent majority of our marriage there and had our sweet little boy there. I don't know if Utah will be "home" forever but for now it feels more like home than anywhere else. We are very excited. Mike will be going back to school so we will be living the fun but poor college student life but it feels good to do! Provo, here we come!!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, sounds exciting...and it sounds like it's the right thing to do with your family. Goodluck with the move and starting a new chapter!

Tiffanie White said...

Sounds like US... As soon as Josh is done with his Enlistment in the Air Force (10 months) we'll be headed to Utah for Josh to finish up school in his hometown (Logan)... Its nice to have a plan and will be SO MUCH BETTER OFF in the long run to finish school and THEN back in the AF as an officer. Its exciting though. I will have to come down and see you next year and let our little boys play!!

Good luck with the move!!!

cassy said...

I'm sorry things didn't work out in Cali but excited you guys are moving back! Mike can do the Extend thing again in August if he wants to, they got A BUNCH of retirees this year so there'll be plenty of sales. Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Ancient Grandma Lamoureux will get to see James this year.Grandpa and I are excited.We say our prayers always remembering the Great-Grand-Son,James. He is having an exciting ride with exciting parents.We send our love and are extremely happy to hear your decision includes more schooling.(the old teachers). Thanks for your patience Stephanie.

Unknown said...

We will be sooooo happy to have you back close to us. We love you.
Gr. Barb

shanda said...

I am so glad to here that you are comming back. THis time we need to hang for sure

Nelson said...

i am so sad we didnt get together more. i didnt know u were already moving. that would explain why i never heard from u about the play date!welli wish u nothing but the best!

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block