4.22.2010

6 months old





I can't believe how fast these past 6 months have gone. James has gotten so big. I never thought Mike and I would have such a little chunker...but I love it!!! He is such a healthy and happy boy! We could not ask for more! Here are a few things about James:

weight: 15 lbs. 3 oz.
height: 24 inches
head: 17 inches

*James eyes are still blue with a hint of brown in the middle. Just like daddy's. They are beautiful. He has mommy's shape and eyelashes with daddy's color. What a great combo!
*James enjoys sitting up to play with his toys.
*Still hates being on his tummy; even though he can roll over on his tummy he won't. When we put him on his tummy he rolls over immediately.
*Has no interest in crawling but has a ton of interest in walking. I know it is good for their motor skills to crawl first so still trying to encourage it.
*He can pull himself up by holding on to your hands. Then he will move his feet like he is walking. I don't know where he figured that out because I haven't encouraged walking yet.
*Still LOVES to hear his own voice and has become a very loud yeller.
*His favorite thing to yell is of course "dadada". It is too cute!
*Anytime Mike or anyone starts singing he tries to sing too.
*He wants to sit up like a big boy in his car seat. I need to take a picture of it! He will be all buckled in and he will lift his head and chest to sit up but the straps wont let him.
*He loves watching other kids. I can see in his eyes that he just wants to get up and play with them.
*He eats rice cereal with apple juice in it & is learning to like green beans. He is becoming a very good eater. And I think he wants to nurse forever... I have to feed him his solid food first or he won't eat it after nursing. No matter how much solid food he eats he will always nurse the same amount.
*He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES drinking from daddy's cup or anyone's but dad always let him drink from his (with help, of course). Surprisingly, he is really good at it too.
*He is a great sleeper. He sleeps about 10 hours a night and takes 3 naps a day for at least 2 hours each. He still plays in his crib after he wakes up for about 10-15 min. I love listening to him talk to himself and play. There is no better noise than a happy and content baby.

Well, I could go on for days about my little boy so I will stop here! But we feel so lucky to have him in our lives. It has only been 6 months but I can't remember what life was like before he came into our lives. We love our little snuggler!

P.S. - Mike is bothered that I have these pictures on here. So I told him I would at least be honest with all of you even though I am a thief. I will be purchasing these prints this week but I couldn't wait to put them up so I took a picture of them and put them up! Yes, I am a thief but a fairly honest one;)

1 comment:

Janelle Nelson said...

Thats funny, Cade LOVED drinking from our cups too. It started around six months and he STILL loves it! :)

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block