A couple weeks ago my mom and Aunt Robin came up to Utah to visit. Someone came up with the grand idea to hike up to the Timponogas Caves. (Must have been the abitious Angi or Shawna :) . Anyways, I had never been on that hike and neither had my mom and the info she was given was that is was really easy...so that was the info I was given. Well, to all who is wondering...it is not an easy hike! Especially, if you are six months pregnant, really out of shape and it is the middle of July! I was pretty sure I was going to die before I made it to the top (HeHeHe!). About half way up my mom felt bad for me and tried to get me to turn around and go back but I had to say I made it to the top so we kept going! It was all worth it once we got to the caves. The caves were amazing (not to mention it was about 40 degrees in there)! I am so proud of myself for making it to the top and I am really glad I did...now that it is just a distant memory! I even want to do it again sometime...just not pregnant or on a day that is about 100 degrees!
Almost half way up the mountain

Inside the cave


3 comments:
Your mom told me about this and I CANNOT believe you did it 27 weeks pregnant! You're amazing! Whoever told you it was an easy hike, especially for a pregnant woman, should be grounded! I would have been ticked! But we all know you are the nicer one...you probably never said a word! Love you!
wow thats amazing! way to go, i don't think i wouldve made it to the top all pregnant, what a trooper. you look great! cant believe you are already that far along. so exciting! :)
Definitely not an easy hike. Paved - yes. Easy - no. Good job though! I don't think I would be as tough as you! The caves at the top are amazing, so I guess it MIGHT be worth it :)
Post a Comment