8.20.2009

Puma's little friend

My Sweet Little Girl

On Sunday Puma would not leave the vent in the kitchen alone. She kept trying to get in it and kept meowing at it. Then she was trying to get in a drawer in the kitchen too. I couldn't figure out what was going on, but then the next morning I was getting Mike's breakfast ready and opened the drawer that Puma had tried to get in the night before and there was mouse poop but no mouse. I quickly realized that this must be why Puma was freaking out Sunday night. We cleaned up the mouse poop and looked for the mouse but still found nothing. That night (this is monday) when Gilbert was taking out the trash from under the sink, the mouse ran out! It ran down the stairs and strait into our room. What are the chances, the mouse goes to our room. The only room that a cat lives in. Well, once again we could not find that darn mouse anywhere! We pulled all our furniture from the walls and found nothing (well, I watched as Mike pulled out all the furniture. After all I am 30 weeks pregnant). So we gave up, Mike moved the furniture back and we went to bed, assuming the mouse was going to come out sometime and that Puma would get it. But there was nothing...until last night (Wednesday night). So at about 3:30am I hear Puma running around the room like a crazy kitty. I shined my cell phone light on her and woke Mike up and told him that it looked like Puma had something in her mouth. He turned on the light and Puma looked up at him and there was nothing in her mouth. I thought, I know what I saw, I am not crazy...or am I? Just then the mouse shoots across the room and Puma goes after it. She caught it and was holding it by the tail in her mouth and I thought great! I told Mike to get the mouse from Puma so she didn't eat it. Just then Puma put it on the ground and started chasing it again. This happened probably 3 or 4 times before Mike and I realized that Puma did not want to mouse to die, she was having the best time ever with her new toy/friend. So I told Mike to get the mouse out of our room, so he waited till Puma had it in her mouth again and then grabbed it from her. Puma seemed pretty sad but luckily the mouse seemed a little shaken up but not hurt. So Mike let it go outside. At least that is what I think he did with it. I went back to bed and Puma came back to bed too. What a crazy night!

No comments:

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block