Caution: Do not read the following if you have a weak stomach!!!
About 2 weeks ago I woke feeling really sick. I thought I had food poisoning or something of that sort. So I decided to take some Tums to help calm the inferno in my stomach. It didn't help so I thought I just need to get whatever is in my stomach out so I made myself throw up (which I normally avoid at all cost). Well, to my disappointment it didn't help. In fact it got much worse minutes after. The pain just kept increasing and no matter what I did I couldn't get any relief. I called Mike and asked him what he thought I should do. He told me to call his friends dad (who is a Dr.) and tell him my symptoms and find out what he thought. He told me to take two Prilosec and if I was still in pain in an hour I should go to the emergency room. So I called Mike back and told him what I needed to do but I didn't have any Prilosec and I was in way too much pain to drive. So, my sweet husband left work and came to my rescue with the medicine I needed. In the mean time while I was waiting for him to get home, I threw up all over myself and the bed. I was in too much pain and too weak to do anything so I rolled myself off the bed and laid on the ground. When Mike came home he was so surprised that I had left the bed such a mess because I am such a clean freak. That is when I think he realized how much I was in pain. So he gave me some medicine and started to clean up my mess. Then my pain became too much to bare. I also felt like my stomach was swollen so I asked Mike to come look at it and see if it was. Mike took one look at my stomach and said we need to get to the ER now. He said that it looked like there was a soft ball in my stomach. The ride to the ER hurt so much. Every bump and curve made me feel like my stomach was going to explode. When we got to the ER I couldn't even stand. A nurse saw Mike and I and brought us a wheel chair. I wasn't in the ER more than I minute when I threw up in their waiting room trash can. If I wasn't in so much pain I would have been so embarrassed. They got me into a room and hooked me up to IVs right away. It was instant relief!!! The doctor came in and started asking me questions and felt my stomach to find out exactly where I was in pain. He said that is sounded like it was my appendix. So he set up a CT scan. When I got back to my room after the CT I started getting nervous. I was afraid that I was just weak and that my pain wasn't as bad as I thought. That is when the doctor came in and said that it indeed was my appendix and that the surgeon would be there soon to talk to me. Within about 30 or so minutes I was being wheeled in for surgery. The last thing I remembered was the anesthesiologist saying that I was going to get a little drowsy. Next thing I knew (which felt like 10 minutes) I was being rolled through the Hospital and my throat and stomach were in pain. They rolled me into a room gave me some IVs again! Yay! Then they brought in Mike and Ashley Giddings to see me. It was so nice to have them there to be there for me. I told them my belly button hurt and I didn't know why. Mike started laughing and said that it was because I had a hole under my belly button and he showed it to me. I started to laugh a little and realized quickly that that hurt! Then Mike and Paul Giddings gave me a blessing. I can't even express my gratitude to have a loving husband and such amazing friends that were there for me. We stayed at the hospital a little longer and then I was released. Mike and I went home and Ashley and Paul followed shortly with dinner for us. The next few days I couldn't do anything with out help. Thanks to such wonderful friends Mike and were taken care of. They were there for me to help me during the day while Mike was at work and they brought us dinner too. Thank you for all your help, Ashley & Paul Giddings, Todd & Sienna Jepperson and Ryan & Danielle Mahoney! I really appreciate your love and kindness!

8 comments:
Hope you are feeling better!
Of course...anything for our Auntie Stephy! I need to give you the pictures I have of you of your hospital stay and your "Hole" under your belly button so that you can add them to this post.
Wow I'm glad you got to the hospital in time! I'm sure that was really scary! Glad you're ok!
I'm so sorry! I hope you are doing better. Let me know if you need anything! By the way, my brother Landon had this happen to him on his mission in Argentina. He said there is nothing like being operated on in a forgien country :) Let's just say his belly button has a huge scar!
Steph, just reading that made my tummy hurt! So glad you went to the hospital when you did. Hope you are doing okay and feeling better!
I loved helping and glad you're feeling better.
Hey I know how you feel. my appendix burst and at first I thought it was food poisoning and then it kept getting worse were I could barely walk and every movement hurt i couldn’t keep anything down finally went to the Dr. and then start to the ER from there got a test and went strait into surgery. And it hurt pretty badly afterwards still. Now I have a 2in scar on my stomach. Im glad every thing went ok. and hope your feeling better
Oh Steph!!I had no idea you had a surgery!! I hope you are doing great and feeling a lot better!! You are probably going to Cali for the Holidays but get back to me when you are in Ut again and we can do something!! Have a great weekend and say hi to Mike and Puma!
Post a Comment