5.15.2011

Meet our little Lily Girl

Lily Ann Lamoureux
born: May 5th, 2011 at 3:08pm
weight: 7lbs height: 18.5 inches


Here is Lily's Birth Story:
At 6:30am on Thursday May 5th, 2011 I got a call from the hospital letting me know that I could come in for my induction. So Mike and I got up. got dressed, gave James hugs and kisses & explained to him that we were going to have baby sister today and that he was going to play with grandma. Then my mom came and picked us up for the hospital (so Cathy would have James carseat all set up to bring him to the hospital). We checked in around 7:30ish and by 8am the doc broke my water and started me on pitocin. Around 9:30am the anesthesiologist came in and made my day by giving me an epidural! Oh, how I love an epidural!!! Anyways, we just hung out, watched tv and I took a nap (much more relaxing than my labor with James... when I thought I would be wonder woman and go all natural). Then at about 1:30pm the nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 4 and completely effaced. They told me that I would start to dilate faster now. Well, that was an understatement! An hour and a half later I told my mom that I was feeling a lot of pressure so she paged the nurse in. The nurse checked me and was very surprised that I was at a 10 so quickly. She also mentioned that my baby had black hair & all I could think was, "she can see the baby's head!" She told me not to push for a minute while she gets the doc. He came in and I pushed for 6 minutes and then the doc asked the nurse to sit me up a bit & I was able to watch my beautiful girl enter the world. It was the most amazing experience! Mike and I cut the cord together. The nurse immediatly put Lily on my chest while they cleaned her off. The love I felt for Lily at that moment was indescribable. It is so true that love does not divide, it multiplies. I felt & still feel such a strong love for my little family of four! I feel so blessed to have such a loving and beautiful little family. I am grateful that all four of us are sealed together for all eternity.

My very talented sister in law, Sarah came and took pictures literally seconds after Lily was born:



















James and his big brother bear from Mommy, Daddy & Lily



7 comments:

Sienna said...

So sweet!!! I love all the pictures. We're still sick over here, so once we're healthy, we wanna meet her. Let me know if you need anything.

Wells Family said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures. Keep them coming.

Coby Pettersson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan,Erika,Kaylee and Khloe Pettersson said...

Oh she looks perfect Steph! And so much like her big brother! I can't believe how beautiful you look right after having a baby!
I'm so happy for you guys, you have a beautiful family and gorgeous kids!

Darby Family said...

Congratulations! I can definitely see the family resemblance. She looks like her brother. I hope all is well. I am so happy for you.

Holli said...

Congrats...such cute little kiddos!

Chris and Courtney said...

Congratulations! You look absolutely amazing after just giving birth.

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block