1.28.2008

Our Busy Week

Well, the past week has been a busy one. My best friend Ashley and her husband Paul welcomed their new baby girl into the world. Brooklynn Merie Giddings was born on Jan. 23rd, 2008 at 5:24pm. She was 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 18.5 inches long. Mike and I went and visited them in the hospital that night. It was so much fun, Brooklynn is healthy and beautiful. I love the peaceful feeling you get as you hold a brand new baby.
Then the next day I took Mike to the airport for his flight to Texas. Mike went to Dallas for a work convention. It was really last minute but it was well worth it. He met some amazing people and learned a lot about how to be successful in the Insurance business. It is fun for me to watch him learn about this new business. He really is loving it and he is learning a lot about how the industry works. While Mike was gone in Texas I learned to be brave and be home alone for four nights! I ended up dragging the t.v. into our room so I could play a movie while I slept so I didn't have to hear all the erie, creaking noises that our very old apartment makes. I was not really sure what to do with all my free time and boredom with Mike gone so I decided to rearrange our apartment. It was a good idea at first until I got half way up the stairs with out entertainment center and couldn't figure out how I was going to get it up the rest of the stairs by myself. But if there is one thing I have learned being raised by a single mother is that I can do anything that I put my mind to. So I took a moment to laugh at myself for taking on such a huge task and then some how I managed to get it all the way up the stairs. I was a little bummed that no one was there to see how amazing I was for accomplishing this crazy task! So I treated myself to a bowl of ice cream and some Tylenol for that sore muscles I knew I would have shortly. After I finished rearranging the house I rented movies and stayed in bed having a chick flick day and resting my sore muscles on Saturday! On Sunday, I went to my Aunt Traci's house for dinner and to hang out. We had Enchilada Casserole and it was so delicious.

That night we found out about the death of our Beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. He was such an amazing man and I am so grateful for his dedication and devotion to our Father in Heaven and our wonderful Church. He will truly be missed but on the other hand I am so happy that he can now be reunited with his wonderful wife.





Well, that was our week. Now I am just hoping for no snow tonight because I have to drive to Salt Lake to pick up Mike. And anyone who knows me knows how well I do driving in the snow and how much I love it!!!

No comments:

background by: Cutest Blog on the Block